Friday, February 5, 2010

11 Year Old Girl Gives Birth

I was 24 years old when I had my 1st child and that was tough. I cannot even start to think about having a child at 11 years old. At 11 years old you are in what 5th grade and taking care of yourself can be a challenge at times, but this girl has another person to care for? I know there are some very responsible kids out there and they have to be due to circumstances, but for lack of better terms it is not fair! Kids should have the opportunity to be kids - play, have fun and not worry about a thing, just not have to be an adult yet.
Baby and mother are okay and grandma says that the baby is absolutely beautiful. I just hope and pray that this 11 year old child will have the help she needs as well as the baby. You can read the whole story by clicking here.