Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

It is the one day that I'm happy to wait up at 2:30 in the morning, okay maybe not happy, but willing. That day is Black Friday. I was in the mall before 4am on Friday morning with my Mom and sister and loving it! I got some good deals for people on my Christmas list and for me too. Most importantly we had fun and were done before noon with sitting down for breakfast included; that doesn't happen every year.
Black Friday is a chance to talk with complete strangers who all agree that we are crazy to be up so early and out shopping with some many other people, but we are still there. It is a time to see the Christmas Spirit in most people who just love to give and see the crabbiness in others who should just stay in bed. It is time to be really thankful for the cheery, helpful cashier that has to be working at these unbelievable early hours. It is a bonding time between my sister, my Mom and myself and it would not be the same if one of us would not be able to go. So as you can see Black Friday is not all that bad. Maybe we will see you next year?
You can read more about Black Friday around the country by clicking here.