Friday, November 6, 2009

Are Kids Smarter than Years Ago

You probably have heard of the TV show "Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader," but is this just the way things are going that 5th Graders are smarter than we are?
I know I'm surprised to see the homework my 2nd Grader is bringing home compared to what I learned in 2nd Grade and I know I'm not the only parent that thinks this way. I'm a happy parent to hear my 3 year old saying that's a "S" or "U" or saying his ABC's, but I also know that he has to start doing these things to make sure he will be ready for Kindergarten. I cannot believe kids are learning to read (or have already started) in Kindergarten instead of just learning the regular old ABC's on Alphabet Island.
Do you know where you stand? Click here to find out more and take the quiz to test your modern vs. old-time days school smarts.