Friday, September 11, 2009

Home Improvements

Well the kitchen is painted and my sister and I started the living room last week, but wouldn't you know we hit a snag! Doesn't that always seem to happen when you do home improvements - you think this should be an easy fix, but oh no - something underneath the wallpaper shows a different story. So here is what happened - There is one wall of my living room that is paneling. Instead of taking the wallpaper off and dealing with panelling I thought let's paint over it, but not so much. My sister painted it and you could see every flaw even more than before, so tearing off wallpaper was the way to go. Unfortunately the wallpaper is not the easiest stuff to tear off and we are still working on this project that we thought we could get done in a few hours. It's just the way it goes isn't it?