Thursday, August 27, 2009

Say No to Lyme's

Gundersen Lutheran researchers have helped to produce a vaccine
Lyme's Disease in dogs. I do not have an animal that this will make a difference in my own life, but know enough people that this will be a great thing. I do know a few people that have been affected by the disease themselves and this stories most important line to me is "He now is working on a more accurate and user-friendly Lyme test for humans, he said."
I know there are people out there that are almost afraid to go hiking because of the fear of Lyme's. We live in a great area and it is a shame that we cannot enjoy it to the fullest because of fear of one little, very little, bug. If there would be a human form of the Lyme's vaccine I know a few people I'm calling to go hiking. Read the whole story.